This module will help you:
- Understand assignee selection and assessment techniques, tools, and their applications.
- Recognize and identify opportunities for attracting and serving culturally diverse market segments.
- Know the explicit and implicit costs of international assignments borne by the organization as well as the expatriates and their families.
- Learn the stages and phases of the adaptation process and the variety of coping styles employed by expatriates and their families.
- Review characteristics that contribute to an employee’s success on international assignment.
- Learn methods to measure assignment success.
- Discuss the practices around intercultural education and training for assignees and their families.
- Understand the key components of a repatriation program that will help your organization realize maximum return on the significant investment made in workforce mobility.
- Analyze and create solutions for real-time global business case studies.
- Understand the iceberg theory of culture.
- Learn the dimensions of cultural differences based on research and theoretical models.
- Identify key components of intercultural education and learn to tailor intercultural training to fit within budget constraints.
- Access resources for culture-specific information and education.
- Identify successful strategies for nurturing effective global teams.
Bonus: Take home a valuable binder containing speakers’ slides, exhibits and other materials that reinforce the day’s learning in easy-to-use reference guides and receive access to a wealth of online material that will supplement the day. You’ll find yourself using the analysis and guides for identifying selection tools, applying the adaptation models to design policy, and referring to relocation statistics to influence senior management thinking at your company.
View upcoming events.