Globalization has resulted in employers competing for talent with the skills to fulfill their organizational strategic objectives.
This competition has given rise to a sharp focus on Talent Management programs designed to ensure that employers are able to recruit, develop, and retain the talent needed for success. Increasingly, they are recognizing that mobility is a critical strategic component of a well-managed talent management program.
By completing this course, students will:
- Understand talent mobility in the wider context of talent management.
- Learn to identify and respond to the key drivers of talent mobility.
- Comprehend when and how the organization’s business and talent strategies can be accomplished through talent mobility.
- Assess an organization’s talent needs, including parameters for success metrics.
- Formulate a talent mobility strategy that is built on the talent needs assessment.
- Build a compelling business case demonstrating how talent mobility can support an organization’s business strategy.
The GMS-T: Strategic Talent Mobility seminar will be held just outside Washington, DC at the following location:
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) Building
Conference Center - Ground level
4301 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22203
The NRECA Building is 10 minutes by cab from Washington’s Reagan National Airport, and 20 minutes by cab from Dulles International Airport.
The class will begin at 8:00 am (Registration opens at 7:30 am) and will end at 4:00 pm.
There are several options for hotels that are within walking distance of the NRECA Conference Center and include:
1) Westin Arlington Gateway: http://www.westinarlingtongateway.com/
2) Holiday Inn Arlington at Ballston: http://www.hiarlington.com/
3) Hilton Arlington: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/virginia/hilton-arlington-DCAVAHF/index.html
Please note that we do not have a special arrangement set up with any of the above hotels. These are provided for your convenience.