The Foundation for Workforce Mobility is proud to partner and support Family Promise.
Our mission is to help homeless and low-income families achieve sustainable independence through a community-based response. We are the leading national nonprofit organization providing a comprehensive set of solutions to this critical issue.
Founded in Summit, New Jersey in 1988, Family Promise today comprises more than 200 Affiliates in 42 states, engaging 180,000 compassionate volunteers who want to make a difference in the lives of families in need. Through our innovative approach, we keep families together and serve more than 50,000 children and adults every year.
We envision a nation in which every family has a home, a livelihood, and the chance to build a better future.
The flagship Family Promise Program addresses family homelessness cost-effectively by utilizing existing community resources.
Other core programs include:
- Family Mentoring: trained volunteers provide vital support to families in need as friends, advocates and bridges to the community, helping them achieve sustainable independence.
- Community Initiatives: Affiliates nationwide have created more than 900 targeted partnerships and initiatives to address specific challenges in the fight against homelessness at the local level.
- Just Neighbors: an interactive, educational curriculum that raises awareness of poverty and homelessness while inspiring communities towards engagement.
- Voices Uniting: an advocacy program that mobilizes and supports advocates for public policies that alleviate homelessness and promote economic stability of low-income families.
Who does Family Promise Serve?
- More than 180,000 volunteers are involved in Family Promise Affiliates.
- More than 700,000 men, women and children have been helped through Family Promise programs.
- On average, 74% of guest families secure permanent or transitional housing in less than nine weeks.
- In a typical Affiliate, 60% of the guests are children, most of whom are under six years old.
For more information on Family Promise, visit their website here.
Join us at an upcoming Worldwide ERC® Foundation for Workforce Mobility (#WERCGives) charitable event!
Mark your calendars to join us in Chicago, Illinois at the 2017 Global Workforce Symposium! Details here.