Date: 23 March 2017
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Location: Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai
This one-day classroom training is specifically designed to assist those professionals working as part of a global team, and helps develop the key skills to understanding the challenges faced by employees working overseas.
The workshop also comprises the content of the third module of the Global Mobility Specialist (GMS®) designation. All attendees who have already completed Module 1 (Applied International Assignment Policy Development) and Module 2 (Policy Alternatives, Strategies and Tactics for Global Workforce Mobility) online will be eligible to take the GMS® exam on that day, and receive instant accreditation.
By completing this training, you will:
- Learn the basics of intercultural education theory
- Apply intercultural theory to relocation processes and real-time global business practices
- Assignee selection and assessment techniques, tools, and their applications
- Opportunities for attracting and serving culturally diverse market segments
- The explicit and implicit costs of international assignments borne by the organization as well as expatriates and their families
- The stages and phases of the adaptation process and the variety of coping styles employed by expatriates and their families
- The key characteristics that contribute to an employee’s success on international assignment
- Methods to measure assignment success
- The practices around intercultural education and training for assignees and their families
- Essential components of a repatriation program that will help your organization realize maximum return on the significant investment made in workforce mobility
- Real-time global business case studies
- Training to understand the iceberg theory of culture
- The dimensions of cultural differences based on research and theoretical models
- Guidance in identifying key components of intercultural education and learn to tailor intercultural training to fit within budget constraints
- Information on accessing resources for culture-specific information and education
- Identification of successful strategies for nurturing effective global teams
Details on Module 1
Details on Module 2
See what others have said about the course/designation.
For full details of the Global Mobility Specialist designation, and to learn more about becoming a globally recognized mobility professional, please click here.