By completing Module 2, you will:
- Explore the strategic, compensation, and employee relations implications of short-term, commuter, rotational, career and localization assignments
- Anticipate challenges and adapt your programs and policies to new business imperatives and the evolving needs of “the new expatriates”
- Develop cost-effective alternatives to the traditional expatriate approach
Content covered includes:
- Business drivers that cause organizations to consider alternative mobility programs and when and why they are appropriate
- How cost reduction pressures can drive short-term, commuter, rotational, career, localization and hybrid assignment programs and how an economic recovery and changed labor market can impact these programs
- The myths and realities of short-term assignments
- The difference between short-term assignments and extended business trips
- How to develop a short-term assignment policy that will help your organization meet its global objectives cost-effectively while providing appropriate support for those who accept a short-term assignment on behalf of your organization
- Terms and conditions for short-term, hybrid, commuter, and rotational assignments
- Assessing the feasibility of a localization program based on a company’s assignee population, benefit programs and the home/host locations
- The primary drivers on the balance sheet that must be considered in a localization program as well as the secondary factors and their likely importance in the success of your program
- Standard practices for phased compensation and benefit approaches to employee equity
- The hurdles to localization and suggestions for overcoming them
- The complexities of localization that lead organizations to offer hybrid mobility programs
- How to communicate, explain and sell a new localization program to an assignee
- Home-country, host-country, and offshore approaches for global pension plans
- Different options for global medical plans, including home- and host-country approaches
Details on Module 1.
Details on Module 3.
View upcoming events.