Module 1 - Applied International Assignment Policy Development
Available exclusively online 24/7 for your convenience.
Access is provided immediately upon registration. Instructions are sent to your email.
Please check your spam filter if instructions do not appear in your in-box within a few minutes of registering.
By completing Module 1, you will:
- Build a strong foundation in the basic compensation, benefits, policy, and logistical aspects of an effective international assignment
- Gain insights into today’s key challenges that are shaping the management and service of a worldwide mobile workforce
- Develop an in-depth understanding of global mobility assistance, policies and practices
- Discover methods that will enable enhanced communication among peers, clients, service partners, and expatriates and their families
- Overview of the classic principles and components of the traditional international assignment and today’s changing practices
- Corporate philosophies on compensation and benefits and how they shape policy and procedures
- The strategy behind constructing or revising an expatriate policy and the key factors that drive it
- The challenges of international assignment administration and how they affect policy, clients, and service partners
- Emerging trends in global workforce mobility that will shape the future
- The business imperatives driving the creation of the “new expatriate”
- A step-by-step process to effectively sell policy recommendations to management (It is so good, you’ll find yourself using it for any item that needs management approval!)
- The key factors in the development and implementation of cost-of-living policies
- Money-related matters affected by mobility such as fluctuating currencies and home- or host-country compensation approaches
- An in-depth balance sheet review
- The complex issue of home- and host-location housing
- The multiple considerations in developing policies and services for various assignment elements, including household goods, pets, transportation, education, home leave, spouse employment, and premiums/special allowances
- Methods for effective cost-tracking and examples of cost-control techniques
- How to prepare an in-depth cost estimate
- An overview of critical immigration issues affecting global mobility today
- The key role of taxes in assignment costs and the application of the tax equalization approach
- Policy practices for workforce security
- Contract documentation that is critical to successful assignment administration
- Effective techniques to enhance your communication with expatriates and their families
- Strategies for successful repatriation programs
Details on Module 2
Details on Module 3
Worldwide ERC® networks and educates workforce mobility professionals and HR innovators.
Global Solutions for a Mobile Workforce