Arlington, VA—Workforce mobility association Worldwide ERC® and RAC Appraisers, a premier organization providing valuation solutions for complex residential properties, are pleased to congratulate the winners of their joint Summary Appraisal Report Writing Contest, announced at the RAC Conference on Thursday, September 15, 2016. Craig Gilbert, CRP, SRA won top honors, with Jodi Wells, CRP a close second as runner-up.
The winners were chosen from among 22 entries. The reports were redacted so that the judges, who were report reviewers from relocation management companies, did not know the identity of the contestants. The redactions also were made to protect private information about the subject properties.
Each section of the report was evaluated for the following:
- Completeness (whether all necessary information was included, and if exhibits were useful and comprehensive)
- Clarity of communication (descriptions were required to render a good understanding of the elements being defined, in complete sentences with appropriate grammar)
- Thoroughness (whether the appraiser researched all of the important market factors that impact the analysis)
- Internal consistency (ensuring that the facts presented in the report led to the conclusions and recommendations expressed by the appraiser)
- Complexity of the assignment (determining if the report identified and communicated unique marketing challenges, and offered adequate justification for adjustments for unique/unusual challenges)
2016 RAC President Thomas Reynolds, CRP, SRPA said “Our members are committed to continually refining their skills, and this contest is one more step that RAC has taken toward the betterment of the residential appraisal industry, as it models the finest relocation work in our community. All submitters received feedback on their entries, which helps them see how they can improve future reports. We’re proud that initiatives like this, and the advancements we have made through the years, place RAC members among the most respected and experienced residential appraisers in the U.S.”
“We’re pleased to share in the implementation and outcome of this contest,” said Worldwide ERC® President and CEO, Peggy Smith, SCRP, SGMS-T. “The process and evaluation points used to vet the submissions help serve as an example to other appraisers seeking to improve their own report writing skills. That’s what our long history with RAC has been about – achieving excellence - and our shared objective to raise the professionalism in our related industries has resulted in a higher awareness of and esteem for the appraisal profession.”
About Worldwide ERC®
Since 1964, Worldwide ERC® has been committed to connecting and educating workforce mobility professionals across the globe. A global not-for-profit organization, we are headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in London and Shanghai, and are the source of global mobility knowledge and innovation in talent management from Europe, the Middle East and Africa, to Asia and across the Americas. For more information, visit www.WorldwideERC.org.
Founded in 1990, RAC continues to be the premier appraisal organization whose members focus on complex residential properties for relocation, litigation support, testimony and reviews. RAC Members provide valuation solutions, benchmarks and insights to enable their clients to make informed decisions. The organization is comprised of the best residential appraisers in the U.S. and literally wrote the book on relocation appraising. Please visit www.rac.net for additional information.