Arlington, VA, USA—In its newly released 2015 Transfer Volume and Cost Survey, Worldwide ERC® reports that companies relocating employees saw a four percent increase in transfer volume among current employees and a seven percent increase among new hires in 2014 over 2013. Provided in partnership with survey sponsor Cartus, this survey reflects responses from organizations across a variety of industries. On average, respondents projected relocating 280 current employees and 98 new hires within the U.S. in 2015.
Additional survey findings reveal:
- Combined current employee and new hire demographics noted that on average, 55 percent were renters in 2014, a small decrease from 57 percent in 2013.
- About 80 percent of current employee relocations in the U.S. are interstate moves vs. intrastate moves.
- Since 2012, employee reluctance to relocate within the U.S has decreased dramatically. Currently 35 percent of firms report experiencing some problems with reluctance, compared to 78 percent in 2012.
- On average, companies provide employees two weeks to accept or reject a transfer offer, and approximately one month to report to the new location.
- In 2014, the average cost to transfer a home-owning, current employee dipped five percent to $85,673.
- In 2014, the average cost to transfer a renting, current employee increased nine percent to $27,327.
“Companies with mobility strategies rely on research like this to both validate and assess their relocation program offerings,” says Peggy Smith, SCRP, SGMS-T, president and CEO of Worldwide ERC®. “This year’s results offer an encouraging outlook for U.S. mobility, with relocation volume trending upward, market conditions continuing to improve, and reluctance to transfer once again declining.”
Conducted in March-May 2015, this survey includes data from 97 mobility professionals responsible for managing or administering their organizations’ mobility programs worldwide. Complete survey results are available on a complimentary basis to members of Worldwide ERC®, and for purchase to non-members for $95. Visit www.worldwideerc.org/research for more information and to review a complete list of research reports available through Worldwide ERC®.
About Worldwide ERC®
Worldwide ERC® has served for 50 years as the membership association and foremost center for corporate and government mobility, educating and connecting mobility professionals worldwide. The recognized industry authority on talent mobility and assignments in the U.S. and major global traffic areas, Worldwide ERC® is headquartered in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with offices in Belgium and China. Contact Worldwide ERC® at +1 703 842 3400, or visit www.WorldwideERC.org.
Cartus provides trusted guidance to organizations of all types and sizes that require global relocation solutions. This year marks the 60th anniversary for Cartus, which serves more than half of the Fortune 50 and offers its services in 185 countries, providing companies around the world with the full spectrum of relocation services, including language and intercultural training. Cartus is part of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services. To find out how our greater experience, reach, and hands-on guidance can help your company, visit www.cartus.com.